Thaddeus Snodgrass follows transfer Braylon Heard who is one of three highest rated running backs to ever come to UK (Roger Gann and Al Baker are the other two). Of course, Heard isn’t counted as a recruit. It is a shame that Denzel Ware de-committed. Had he stayed with UK, our average star rating would have been the same as Florida, Alabama and Georgia at 3.67 stars with an average rating of 5.77.
- Florida (9): Six 4 Stars and three 3 stars - Avg. 3.67 stars
Alabama (3): Two 4 Stars and one 3 star - Avg. 3.67 stars
Georgia (3): Two 4 Stars and one 3 star - Avg. 3.67 stars
- LSU (8): Five 4 stars and three 3 stars - Avg. 3.63 stars
- Texas A&M; (10): Six 4 stars, four 3 stars - all from Texas - Avg. 3.60 stars
- Tennessee (8): Four 4 stars and four 3 stars - Avg. - 3.50* stars
Arkansas (4): Two 4 stars and two 3 stars - Avg. - 3.50* stars
Kentucky (2): One 4 star and one 3 star: - Avg. 3.50* stars
- Ole Miss (9): Four 4 stars, three 3 stars and two NR - Avg. 3.13 stars
- Auburn (3) Three 3 stars - Avg. 3.0 stars
Mississippi St (1).: One 3 star - Avg. 3.0 stars
South Carolina (1): One 3 star - Avg. 3.0 stars
- Vanderbilt (7): One 4 star, three 3 stars and three NR - Avg. 1.86 stars
- Missouri (4): Two 3 stars and two NR - Avg. 1.50 stars
* First year coaches: Stoops, Mahlzan and Jones.
For perspective on just how tough it is to recruit in the SEC, here’s how the first year coaches across the rest of the country are faring with their early commitments.
- Sonny Dykes - California:**** One 4 star - Avg. 4.0 stars
- Gary Anderson -Wisconsin:****Two 4 Stars and two 3 stars - Avg. 3.50 stars
- Kliff Kingsbury -Texas Tech:****Three 3 stars - Avg. 3.0 stars
- Scott Schafer - Syracuse:****Two 3 stars - Avg. 3.0 stars
- Mark Helfrich - Oregon:**** One 3 star - Avg. 3.0 stars
- Willie Taggert - South Florida:One 4 Star, two 3 stars and one NR - Avg. 2.50 stars
- Steve Addazio - Boston College:****Three 3 stars and one NR - Avg. 2.25
- Ron Caragher - San Jose State:****Two 2 stars - Avg. 2.0 stars
- P.J. Fleck - Western Michigan: Three NR - Avg. 0 stars
- Tommy Tuberville - Cincinnati:****One NR - Avg. 0 stars
- Todd Monken - Southern Mississippi:****One NR - Avg. 0 stars
- Skip Holtz - Louisiana Tech:****One NR - Avg. 0 stars
- Doug Martin-New Mexico State: One NT - Avg. 0 stars
- Sean Kugler - UTEP: None
- Mike McInyre - Colorado: None
- Paul Petrino - Idaho: None
- Bobby Petrino - Western Kentucky: None (Seneca’s Tubman flipped to Vandy)
- Brian Polian - Nevada:****None
- Darrell Hazell - Purdue:**** None
- Rod Carey - NorthernIllinois: None
- Matt Rhule - Temple: None
- Matt Wells - Utah St.: None
- Paul Haynes - Kent St.: None
- Bryan Harsin - Arkansas St.: None
- Ron Turner- Florida International: None
Look at Louisville for added perspective: Three 3 star recruits - Avg. 3.0. All three are rated 5.6. There is an unconfirmed reports that Louisville picked up another 3 star commitment yesterday who is also rated at 5.6.
We are almost at the end of the first quarter of the recruiting cycle. You have to be pleased with our recruiting so far. At this time last year, Jacob Hyde was our only commitment. He committed on March 1st, 2012. While we may not be competing yet in quantity of early commitments, we are competing in quality and that is what is really important.
Now, we need to see if we can get a bump in commitments as a result of the Blue/White game. I would think it is likely after the recruits saw BBN’s record turnout yesterday and the excitement that generated.